Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

Ok, ok, ok, ok... Good news first! I get to go home on Tuesday!!!!! Bad news, the doctors say the tumor inside my belly has already shrunk and they think the tumor is wholly self-contained.... Oh wait, that's good news! Even better, they say it responded much more easily than expected; especially for the originally lower dosage. Speaking of...

On Tuesday, I will have just finished my first round of chemo, the strong stuff, in 5 days. I then get to recover, smile and be at home for over 20 days. Then it's another round of chemo, rinse, repeat for 9 months. Afterwards, they'll take a look at my expectedly dminishing tumor and decide the best way to remove it. But right now, I'm just happy to be going home.

Before I do, a few things.... Some of the past few days have been pretty good! In fact, this past Saturday late night was a turning point. Somewhere around midnight I felt like playing Hide'n'Go-Seek. (It had been awhile.) Anyways, wouldn't you know it.... Papa was happy to play with me! :) He's funny. But he's not very good at hide'n'go'seek. I know the trick. All I have to do is cover my eyes and he can't see me anymore... GENIUS. Invisibility is awesome! But he's a good sport, so i gave him a high-five for playing with the big dog, that's me. Then I went back to playing with my cars.

Oh my, I forgot to mention the grand homecoming awaiting to be graced by my presence. I have heard stores about all the kinds of help being offered to me and my family. They've scrubbed my house sparkling clean and free of any potential germs. This is enormously important for my health and chemo-ill-affected immune system. I hear they've cooked too! So to all of you, thank you so much for your prayers, travel, thoughts, cooking, cleaning, love and anything you've done to try and help me, my Mommy and my Daddy. We feel very blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Still praying for you kiddo! You are such a tough guy! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to go home buddy!!! Still praying for you!!! --Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear you are home, William!!! I know Mommy and Daddy are taking amazing care of you and that you have so many wonderful people in your life taking care of you and making you smile. My love and prayers sent to you from Denver and I certainly can't wait to see that big smile of yours in person again real soon. Love, Aunt Juicy!

    ReplyDelete