Monday, April 27, 2009

Parental Status - Take Two

There are two questions that Aaron and I get pretty frequently: 1. How can we help? and 2. Is there anyway to donate blood "for William"?


I'm going to start by answering the second question because Aaron did the research on it today. If you would like to donate blood "for William"...and I put it in quotes because there is no guarantee that your specific blood will go to Will when he needs the next transfusion but he will get "credits" with Carter Bloodcare (one donated pint in William's name = one pint we don't have to pay for)...you just have to know William's full name, our home address and phone # (which we will not post online) and William's hospital name (Cook Childrens Hospital). So if you decide to give blood and would like to donate in William's honor, email us at toughblondekid@gmail.com and we will send you the information you need.


Back to the first question of how to help...we really appreciate the disinfecting wipes, paper towels, plasticware, paper plates and gift cards. We are using the Starbucks cards about as fast as we get them (did I mention that we are both caffeine addicts and there is a Starbucks in the hospital), the Walmart and Target gift cards are going towards groceries and diapers and the restaurant gift cards are a nice treat when Will's counts are good and we can be out in public, as a family. By the way, we are getting close to finishing up the first wave of frozen meals from friends...what a huge blessing! Another great outlet is called Lunch for Life (http://www.lunchforlife.org/). They've been aggressive in finding and funding new research for a cure for neuroblastoma. This fundraising program is a simple but powerful solution: they ask people to donate one day’s lunch money to the Children’s Neuroblastoma Cancer Foundation (CNCF), a public charity dedicated to curing this cancer. We think it is a great cause and feel like we have already benefited from some of the research funded by Lunch for Life.
Finally, the picture of smiling Reilly, promised by Will:

Love,
Angela

1 comment:

  1. Found this website when I was watching a show on tv. Thought I would pass it along to y'all in case you need it. :) I cannot imagine what life is like for you, but I felt compelled to share this anyway!

    http://www.jakesfoundation.org/

    ReplyDelete