Sorry it has been a while since I've posted an update. It has been a really crazy couple of weeks and I'm a little tired. So, forgive me for writing like I talk and keeping it short...or as short as possible.
First, William's EKG came back completely normal. In fact, we think that the first doctor didn't read his chart completely, to realize that Will currently has a central line (looks like a flexible white tube that splits into two) in the right side of his chest and his metaport (looks like a small cylinder, the size of a bobbin) in the left side of his chest. The thickening (or possible clotting) that showed up in William's scans were due to the two lines in his chest. His heart is healthy. Praise the Lord! Another scare dismissed.
Second, I know I posted that William was supposed to start his antibody treatment on Monday but that has been postponed a week. The boys were planning to go trick-or-treating on Saturday but William woke up from his nap shivering, with a 102.6 degree fever. By the time we got to the hospital (less than a 20 minute drive) it had spiked to 105. He received some Tylenol, fluids, started antibiotics and was admitted to the Oncology floor for observation. He hasn't had a fever since Sunday but will continue antibiotics for 10 days.
So! Thank you all for your continued prayers. William will still need prayers to fight his infection and hopefully will not have an allergic reaction to the antibody treatment. Also please pray for Reilly as he is fighting off a stubborn yeast infection (almost two weeks now)...it's always something. And pray for Aaron and I as we spend almost two weeks apart and are both exhausted. A quick praise: Aaron is walking for his undergraduate degree this Friday and they asked him to speak at the commencement -- what an honor! His speech is about the journey we've been on, over the last year and how he has persevered to finish his bachelor's degree at the same time. It's going to be great and I'm so proud of him!
Love, Angela
Oh my gosh, Ang! I didn't realize Aaron was ALSO getting his degree! Geesh, you guys are both so amazing! Tell Aaron I think that he is supernatural for doing all of this! Sorry, I'm at a loss for words when I can't use "amazing." I guess the only other word I can come up with is "extraordinary" but that just doesn't seem to cover it all. I will check the thesaurus after this. Just know that admire the both of you for your strength. I'm also really happy to hear that William's EKG is normal. I'll keep praying for both him and Reilly. You've got two tough little cookies. I guess they get it from their parents. :)
ReplyDelete